Thursday 3 June 2010

No Ellie don’t do it…You can’t make me…Think of the children Ellie…Won’t SOMEONE think of the children!!!!

The great thing about this blog is the autonomy I have to write the reviews the way I want to write them. Sometimes I forget there even is an editor-in-chief in charge of the whole affair. Until days like this. When she pounces. Like a cobra. A cobra issuing instructions to her film reviewer that go against every atom of his being.

Sigh…

Shrink is released this week.

I was hoping this cinematic abomination would just quietly yet shamefully die in a corner of the room. But I’ve been asked by SOMEONE to remind everyone that this utter waste of celluloid is getting its cinema release this week. I’m not going to repeat myself. Here’s my original review:

http://eggmagmovies.blogspot.com/2010/04/shrink-review.html

Ignore Empire’s 4 star review. It’s wrong, wrong, wrong. This weekend sees the release of The Brothers Bloom (Rian Johnson’s much delayed follow up to Brick) and Michael Winterbottom’s highly controversial The Killer Inside Me. If you’re escaping the sunshine for a movie this weekend try either of those. I’m hoping to have them both reviewed by next week but, even though I haven’t seen them, I’ll bet, no, I’ll GUARANTEE that they’re better than Shrink. Go see Prince Of Persia. Bollox to it, go all out and drag a razor across your eyeballs by seeing Sex and the Fucking City. Go to the beach, do a fun run, play Buckaroo, do anything, ANYTHING but go see Shrink.

I’ve done what I was asked to do! Damn you Ellie Good! Damn you straight to egg-hell!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment